Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pretty. Odd. (Review)

I have recently purchased the new album by Panic! At the Disco, "Pretty. Odd." While purchasing this album I didn't really know what to expect. Their previous CD, "A Fever you Can't Sweat Out" I found to be a new and interesting sound. Their song titles were original and a little strange. I was suprised when listening to their most recent CD; their sound was much more mellow and included more acoustic guitar. Strangely enough, the sound reminded me of "Sgt. Peppers" by the Beatles. Some may find it hard to believe but I feel that PATD really understands the sound the Beatles were able to create. What I love is that even though the sound is similar to the Beatles, you never forget you're listening to PATD. They've managed to put their own spin on a sound that is cherished internationally. I highly advise you to check out this CD, even if you have already labled the band as "Emo" or "Pop/Punk", they may suprise you.

1 comment:

Sharan said...

Your review has convinced me to take a look into this new album.